Robert R. Axenfeld. Esq.
2001 Market Street, Suite 2500
Philadelphia, PA 19103
T: (212) 461-4580
Robert R. Axenfeld, Esq.
Robert is the founding Member of Axenfeld Law Group, LLC. Robert has over 25 years of experience advising clients in matters involving intellectual property, and technology law, including:
- trademark and brand protection;
- trademark, unfair competition and false advertising litigation;
- patent protection and counseling;
- intellectual-property strategies, and portfolio development;
- intellectual-property disputes in federal court;
- patent disputes before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB);
- trademark disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB); and
- intellectual property licensing, and technology transactions.
Robert is federally licensed to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and has successfully prepared and prosecuted hundreds of patent and trademark applications for a variety of businesses in a wide range of industries.
He has also litigated intellectual property, and technology cases in federal courts across the country, and administrative disputes before the PTAB, and TTAB.
Before starting Axenfeld Law Group, Robert served as in-house counsel to Unisys Corp., and Lucent Technologies Inc. (Bell Labs).
Robert also clerked as an extern for the Honorable Alan D. Lourie, Circuit Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Robert is the sole inventor of the precursor to “airplane mode” on mobile devices, and received two U.S. Patents for his inventions.
Outside of work, Robert is a Brown Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and enjoys coaching his kids in soccer.
- Defeated a motion for preliminary injunction against printing-control companies in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (EDPA). The denial of preliminary injunction was upheld on Appeal by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Unearthed discovery in a patent-infringement case before the EDPA, which led to a nearly $1.2 million-dollar sanction against a plaintiff for witness tampering in a parallel trade-secret case in the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Missouri. Served as lead counsel in the patent-infringement case.
- Defeated a trademark-infringement action against an author and radio host in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
LL.M. in Trial Advocacy from Temple University Beasly School of Law, which is ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the top three trial-advocacy programs in the country for more than 20 years.
J.D. from the University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center) — also consistently ranked as one of the top intellectual-property-law schools in the U.S.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Temple University.
Associations and Bar Admissions
Admitted to practice law in:
• The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania,
• The District of Columbia;
• The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
• The United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
• The United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
• The United States District Court for the District Delaware (pro hac vice)
• The United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (pro hac vice)
• The United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia (pro hac vice)
• The United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (pro hac vice)
Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (Registered-Patent Attorney)
Member of the Chester County Bar Association
Member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association