Ku Yoo – Principal
2001 Market Street, Suite 2500
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Ku Yoo – Principal
Ku Yoo is a principal of Axenfeld Law Group, LLC. Ku heads our corporate/business practice. He advises entrepreneurs, startups, technology and life sciences companies, international clients, investors and investment funds, and professional offices in variety of areas including:
- Founding of new companies and formation (corporations, LLCs, etc.)
- Operations of corporations, LLCs, and other business entities
- Investment partnerships and funds
- Investment rounds
- Acquisition and disposition of companies/businesses
- Shareholder or partner disputes
- Licensing and technology transactions
Ku was born and raised in Korea and has lived in Spain for time. Aside from English, Ku speaks Korean fluently and advises investment groups and companies from Korea doing business in the United States regularly. Prior to joining Axenfeld Law Group, Ku was a partner in a boutique business firm in Boston, Massachusetts and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania serving clients nationally and internationally.
Ku also serves on the board of Esperanza Human Compassion Projects and Cloud Security Alliance – Delaware Valley, and is the Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel of Franklin Foundation for Innovation. He is also active in Wesleyan University alumni groups. In his free time, Ku enjoys playing soccer, gardening, and hosting friends and family. He lives in Philadelphia, PA with his wife and dog.
- Advised a multinational pharmaceutical R&D startup with $8M investment round.
- Advised a foreign consumer electronics manufacturer with private placement in a US company,
- Advised a multinational tech company with cross-boarder licensing agreements and joint-venture agreements.
- Created employee equity award pool for stock options and restricted stocks.
- Advised a medical devices company negotiating distribution and sales deals with a larger multinational distributor.
- Addressed a variety of compliance issues for multinational company including the investigation and satisfactory resolution of allegations of executive misconduct.
- Advised clients with downsizing and dismissal of key employees.
- Advised an EB-5 regional center in formation.
- Advised a real estate investment vehicles in formation, transaction, and with partnership agreements.
- Represents clients through dispute resolutions, including without limitation in commercial contracts, discrimination, and fraud.
B.A. in Classics, Wesleyan University
J.D., Case Western Reserve University, School of Law
LL.M in Taxation, Boston University, School of Law
MA, PA, NY (inactive) – we can activate NY
Eastern Dist. PA
Philadelphia Bar Association
Solo and Small Firm Committee
Small Business Committee